**NOW AVAILABLE in Burnaby & New Westminster ** | Free Delivery on $50 Orders from Mill Bay - Comox Valley; $20 in Campbell River & Quadra Island; $75 in Greater Victoria; $100 in Sooke and $150 for Richmond, Fraser South, Burnaby & New Westminster
Frozen, vacuum packed portions of BC Black Cod AKA Sablefish (Anoplopoma fimbria). Wild-caught Jan/Feb 2021 off western and northern Vancouver Island.
Renowned for its buttery texture, black cod is mild, flaky and fatty - rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Wonderfully served as sushi, or grilled, fried or smoked.
227g package contains 2 x 113g portions. Boneless & skinless, and sushi grade.
454g (1LB) Miso package contains 6-7 boneless, skin-on portions in marinade.
Miso ingredients: Miso (Water, Soybeans, Rice, Salt), Mirin (Corn Syrup, Water, Distilled Vinegar, Fermented Rice Extract (Rice, Alcohol, Salt, Citric Acid), Brown Sugar, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate (Preservatives), Citric Acid), Sake (Water, Rice, Yeast).
Miso contains: Fish (Black Cod), Sulphites, Soy, Sugars (Corn Syrup, Brown Sugar)
Prep ideas for Miso variety:
1) Thaw in fridge overnight.
2) Remove from package and wipe off excess marinade (leave some on though).
3) Broil for 6-8 min, skin side down until flesh gets golden brown and blisters.
4) Serve immediately, or for crispy skin, flip and broil skin-side-up for 3 min (it's very forgiving and difficult to overcook).
3) BBQ flesh side down on med-high for 4-5 min until golden brown and bubbly.
4) Flip onto uncooked flesh side with a metal spatula once golden brown (no sooner or it will stick and tear). Cook for 3-4 min until golden brown.
5) Flip skin side down and immediately take off the grill or, for crispy skin, cook until golden brown, 3-4 min.
6) Serve immediately. Usually with rice.
Toss some 1" pieces of green onion in the excess marinade and broil or grill with the black cod (skewers help if grilling).